SHOWING WE CARE: SUPPORT THE AMERICAN RED CROSS … More than at any other time in recent memory, the American Red Cross needs your help to deliver its lifesaving mission. Please, join Gun Owners Care in achieving its $10,000 fundraiser goal in support of the Red Cross. Donate today. Make our voices heard and show our country we’re fighting the good fight for the benefit of all Americans. We are Gun Owners Care.
INTERIOR SECRETARY THANKS FIREARM INDUSTRY … Interior Secretary David Bernhardt visited SIG Sauer’s New Hampshire factory to observe manufacturing operations and thank the firearm industry for excise tax contributions. In 2019, firearm and ammunition production contributed more than $611 million and has paid $13 billion since 1937 for wildlife conservation.
FIREARM & AMMUNITION SALES … Firearm and ammunition retailers have been busy, really busy, during the first six months of 2020 – and they are not just selling to what many thought to be the traditional customer, older white males – as new NSSF research shows customers of all demographic backgrounds are part of this ongoing sales surge.
AUGUST IS ALMOST HERE … As we prepare for our fourth annual National Shooting Sports Month® celebration, here are a couple reminders. Sign up your range or retail business to receive a promotional package that includes hats and shirts. Use the promotional toolkit resources to help promote the campaign through your business’ social media channels and list your August events, classes or promotions on our calendar. Businesses can still sign up as sponsors and partners, too!
NSSF PAC VIRTUAL TOWN HALL WITH SEN. SHELLEY MOORE CAPITO (R-W.V.) … NSSF Political Action Committee (NSSF PAC) will host a Virtual Town Hall with the U.S. Senator on Thursday, July 30, at 12 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time. Register for the event here. This event is free and open to all NSSF members. Sen. Capito was NSSF’s Legislator of the Year and answered questions on a Member Profile.
- The U.S. House of Representatives passed the NSSF-supported Great American Outdoors Act, H.R. 1957, among the most meaningful conservation legislation ever. The bill now heads to President Donald Trump for signature.
- U.S. Rep. Roger Williams (R-Texas) authored a letter with more than 50 other Members of Congress demanding action to stop banks and financial institutions from discrimination.
- NSSF’s Nephi Cole called out misinformation being spread about the rise in Wyoming firearm ownership in a Casper Star Tribune column.
- Visit NSSF’s Government Relations section for more.
- The SHOT UniversityTM Onlineseries, entitled “Completing the Form 4473 2020 Version,” is now live and reviews critical elements of the new form’s use and purpose, as well as tips for identifying and correcting common errors made by both buyers and sellers.
- Get creative and be consistent with your social media interactions. Sales may be booming right now, but doing this kind of marketing work to build long-term relationships is what creates profits now and for years to come.
- ATF Q&A: More questions came in on our 24/7 NSSF Member Compliance Hotline last week. One question asked, “When will I receive the new Form 4473s, with the May 2020 revision, from the ATF?”
- Read more of NSSF’s latest retailer and range news.
- The July 2020 Online Sales View, featuring data from GunBroker.com on top-selling firearms and projected NICS data, has been posted to the NSSF member portal under the “Industry Research tab.” Members can log in to view.
- More research reports are available in theNSSF online store.
- NSSF surveyed likely voters in 18 election battleground states and learned that enforcing existing gun laws and protecting lawful firearm sales is on the forefront of voters’ minds.
- U.S. Sen. Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.) is the latest participant in the NSSF Member Profile Q & A series.
- Atlanta Democratic Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms joined Moms Demand Action’s Shannon Watts for their latest Veepstakes installment, auditioning for the most antigun presidential ticket in modern history.
- Fifteen-year-old Grayson Stuart, a member of Team Federal, completed the Amateur Trapshooting Association’s Grand Slam, becoming the third youngest to accomplish the feat and one of less than 500 worldwide. Learn what qualifies as the ATA Grand Slam.
- The Outdoor Writers Association of America announced its Excellence in Craft winners at last month’s virtual conference. The awards recognized the prizeworthy work of 65 professional journalists. OWAA also announced its Bodie McDowell Scholarship recipients.
- If you are considering selling your firearm industry business, you need a place that advertises your FFL or range to the people most interested in it. NSSF has just that space in its all-new “Firearm Retail and Range Businesses for Sale” resource.
- If you’re looking for adventure consider a grizzly bear hunt. Find a worthy outfitter and pay the price. It will almost without doubt be worth far more than you dreamed it would be.
“To promote, protect and preserve hunting and the shooting sports.”