NEWTOWN, Conn. — The National Shooting Sports Foundation® (NSSF®), the trade association for the firearm industry, is pleased to announce that registration is now open for its newest webinar, “Liability in the Age of COVID-19.”
Firearm industry members have proven to be leaders in keeping their businesses functioning while adhering to social distancing, face mask-wearing and structural-capacity restrictions. Now, as stay-at-home orders are loosened and people are beginning to leave their homes for socialization and recreation—and especially as an uptick in FFL store and range foot traffic is expected with the upcoming Memorial Day weekend—businesses are asking what liability they have for the safety and health of their staff and customers.
To help answer those questions, NSSF worked with Jay Porter, partner at Bradley, Arant, Boult, Cummings, LLP, to develop our new webinar, “Am I liable? The Changing Landscape of Liability in the Age of COVID-19.” In this 60-minute presentation, Porter will answer three of the most pressing questions NSSF has been asked by its members:
- When I reopen, what new liabilities should I be concerned with?
- If I do reopen and someone becomes sick (including employees and customers), can I be sued?
- Does my insurance policy protect me from personal or corporate liability when it comes to COVID-19?
Webinar attendees will also gain a deeper understanding of the implications of reopening or continuing operations during the ongoing public health situation, including:
- Steps you can take to limit your liability exposure in respect to COVID-19
- Guidance on what you need to know about responding to the coronavirus and how it may impact you and your business
- Critical legal questions to ask your insurance and law professional partners
The “Am I liable? The Changing Landscape of Liability in the Age of COVID-19” webinar takes place Thursday, May 28 from 11:00 a.m. to noon EST. NSSF webinars relating to COVID-19 have proven to be extremely well-received. This webinar is free to all interested industry members, but attendance is limited, so we encourage everyone to register at the earliest possible convenience. Register here.
203-426-1320 ext. 212
The National Shooting Sports Foundation is the trade association for the firearm industry. Its mission is to promote, protect and preserve hunting and the shooting sports. Formed in 1961, NSSF has a membership of thousands of manufacturers, distributors, firearms retailers, shooting ranges, sportsmen’s organizations and publishers nationwide. For more information, log on to www.nssf.org.