Dear QDMA members and supporters,
I hope you and your family, friends and coworkers remain healthy and safe during this unprecedented situation caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. I’d like to take a moment to update you on our status at QDMA.
Following the extension of the Coronavirus Guidelines for America to help fight the spread of COVID-19, our leadership team has taken the additional step of postponing all in-person QDMA events through at least April 30, 2020. We will continue to assess ongoing developments to adjust this timeline as necessary to protect the well-being of our members, volunteers and the public. If you purchased tickets for an upcoming event that has been postponed, we will be contacting you separately, or you may contact your Regional Director.
The next few weeks will be a difficult time for the entire nation, and we all need to help our neighbors to the best of our abilities. Hunters in particular may be able to assist those in need by sharing wild game and fish. QDMA, like all non-profit wildlife conservation organizations, is reducing operations and expenditures due to the sudden lack of income from fundraising events. Our National Headquarters is closed to the public and most staff are working from home. However, we are expanding our work in some digital arenas to assist hunters who are sheltering at home, and we are continuing our mission work in support of whitetails as we can.
If there is any extra support you can lend QDMA at this time, we need your help. There are numerous small and large gestures you can make that will help QDMA emerge healthy from this crisis and be ready to continue our work this year, like recruiting adults who’d like to learn to deer hunt for a new season of Field to Fork. Here are 10 ways you can help QDMA today.
- Make a direct, tax-deductible donation in any amount to QDMA.
- If you shop on Amazon, consider using Amazon Smile and naming QDMA as your preferred non-profit. You pay the same price as usual, but Amazon then donates a small portion of your purchase amount to QDMA.
- Become a QDMA Level I Deer Steward by taking our online course. We have temporarily reduced the price to help hunters who are sheltering at home.
- Recommend our Deer Hunting 101 online course to a new hunter. They can receive $5 off the course price by using the code G1QDMA2020.
- Join QDMA or renew your membership.
- Sign up for our free weekly e-newsletter for great hunting content and news from QDMA.
- Visit our website to enjoy hundreds of free educational articles and videos on deer hunting and management.
- Sign up for our online Deer Steward Module for advanced reading and information on whitetails.
- Shop for QDMA merchandise, apparel, books and deer management equipment in our online store.
- Stay informed of upcoming online auctions, special offers and other ways to help support QDMA by following us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
As much as you, we look forward to returning to normal operations, resuming QDMA Branch events, and preparing for a new hunting season. Until then, support QDMA and other conservation groups as you are able, help your neighbors who are in need, and keep yourself and your family safe and healthy by following social distancing guidelines.
Thank you, and stay well!
Lindsay Thomas Jr., QDMA Director of Communications