Request for Proposal — Bid on POMA’s Conference
BRING THE OUTDOOR PRESS CORPS TO YOUR STATE, YOUR TOWN, YOUR FRONT DOOR
As you consider submitting a bid for a POMA business conference, please keep in mind the critical nature of the bid being a cooperative effort between the local convention and visitors bureau, the lodging facility, and the state’s office of tourism.
Because POMA is an international association of traditional outdoor sports journalists and outdoor industry professionals, the format for the business conference:
- Involves interaction with tourism to help member journalists generate editorial coverage of hunting, fishing, shooting and trapping opportunities at both the local and state levels.
- Includes two outdoor events that showcase a local park or facility with ample grounds for 100 vendor displays and direct access to water, boat launch and dock; and a full-service shooting range.
- Allows the local area, state and host facility an opportunity to directly address and interact with the Media and Corporate Partner Members to encourage them to cover each through their magazine, newspaper and Web publications, television, radio and Web-based broadcasts; and to continue to travel to and do business in the region and/or state.
- Benefits the local host and state. Conference hosts have an opportunity to build relationships with the most renowned traditional outdoor sports industry journalists and movers and shakers — the professionals who drive the outdoor recreation industry.
- Begins Tuesday and ends Thursday (with potential post-conference events on Friday), usually during the second or third week of June.
- Involves staff arrival the Thursday before conference and departure the Sunday after.
Bids for the 2023 – 2028 event(s) are now being accepted. Because the POMA conference relies heavily on the locations for our POMA Camps/Product Showcase and Shooting Day events, area CVBs should be the first to review the RFP. They can then distribute the RFP to the property, or properties, that they feel can meet POMA’s requirements.
The deadline for 2023 and 2024 bids is May 31, 2022.
The board selects the site city, one to two years in advance, usually from three finalists.
Thanks for your interest in POMA.
For further information, please contact:
POMA Membership Director