The Professional Outdoor Media Association’s (POMA) 2015 Pinnacle Award honorees were announced by Kevin Tate, vice president of media production at Mossy Oak, during POMA’s 10th Anniversary Business Conference in Springfield, Missouri on Friday, March 20. Mossy Oak has been the presenting partner of the Pinnacle Awards since the program’s inception.
The Pinnacle Awards honor journalists for remarkable achievement in traditional outdoor sports-focused communications, including writing, photography/illustration/art, broadcasting as well as content focused on wildlife conservation. The Pinnacle Awards were judged by some of the finest professionals in their field, who volunteered their time and efforts to take part in the judging process.
“The outdoor media has always been a key part of what we do,” stated Toxey Haas, founder and CEO of Mossy Oak. “We started our company with their help and we’ve grown it with the same. They’re our business partners as well as our friends.”
“We’re proud to sponsor the Pinnacle Awards to recognize the best of the best every year,” Tate added. “It’s an important way to reward excellence in outdoor journalism and encourage more in the future.”
2015 POMA PINNACLE AWARD WINNERS
- Winner – Brad Fitzpatrick, “The Hunt that Changed America”, Outdoor America
- Outstanding Achievement – Tom Keer, “The Last Covert”, Ruffed Grouse Society Magazine
- Winner – Steve Sorensen, “The Arthur Young Buck- 1830”, Pennsylvania Game News
- Outstanding Achievement – Bill Miller, “Flight Of The Electrified Pterodactyls”, Waterfowl & Retriever Magazine
- Winner – Kenneth Cook, “The Legacy of Milton N. Hopkins Part 1 “, Clinch County News (Homerville, GA)
- Outstanding Achievement – Kenneth Cook, “The Legacy of Milton N. Hopkins Part 2”, Clinch County News (Homerville, GA)
- Winner – Corey Holtgard, “Ohio’s Whitetail Hitlist”, Outdoor Channel
- Outstanding Achievement – Ryan Gresham, “Zero Pork Thirty”, Pursuit Channel
- Winner – Tim Christie, “Teeth Don’t Lie”, Predator Xtreme Magazine
- Outstanding Achievement – Tim Christie, “Fear Straight On”, American Hunter Magazine
- Winner – Vin Sparano, “Complete Outdoors Encyclopedia”, Universe Publishing
- Outstanding Achievement – Lindsay Thomas, Jr., “The Blood Trail and Other Deer-Hunting Stories”, Amazon.com
Mossy Oak, one of POMA’s Diamond Cornerstone members, joined forces with POMA to promote excellence in communications at all levels and encourage members of the media to set the bar high – knowing the importance to the industry of a professional and dedicated media corps.