Is there a fishing industry journalist who epitomizes Uncle Homer? If so, nominate he/she for the POMA/ASA Homer Circle Fishing Communicator Award. The deadline for nominations is June 15, 2014.
He was one of a kind
- He was a fishing industry communications icon
- He was tireless promoter of the sport he loves
- He was a skillful, honest and knowledgeable journalist
- He was a kind, unpretentious and interested
- He was a mentor, teacher and inspiration
- He was Homer Circle, aka Uncle Homer
In his honor, POMA and the American Sportfishing Association (ASA) present the
POMA/ASA Homer Circle
Fishing Communicator Award
Who deserves to have his or her name listed beside Uncle Homer’s? You tell us. POMA and ASA are accepting nominations through April 15.
The award recognizes fishing industry journalists who exemplify the spirit, dedication to fishing, extraordinary talent and commitment to mentoring the next generation of fishing industry communicators displayed by Homer Circle during his storied career.
Nominations for the award are sought from all fishing industry professionals, corporate and media. The recipient will be selected by past recipients and a joint POMA/ASA committee. Nominees are not required to be affiliated with any fishing industry or communicator’s organization.