Spring is nearly here, and it’s time to plan your turkey season. Here are the top 5 reasons you should consider turkey hunting in Florida:
- The earliest spring turkey season in the country – You can hunt South Florida beginning March 5 and be back home well before your state’s season comes in.
- The only place in the World where you can bag an Osceola subspecies – You can’t complete your Grand Slam without hunting the Sunshine State.
- One of the nation’s largest wildlife management area systems – Nearly 6 million acres of public hunting land, half of which allows walk-in turkey hunting.
- Two-bird season bag limit.
- Florida’s weather is perfect in March – not too cold and not too hot!
Here are some handy links to help plan your hunt:
South of State Road 70:
Youth Hunt Weekend Feb. 27-28, 2016
Spring Season March 5 – April 10, 2016
North of State Road 70:
Youth Hunt Weekend March 12-13, 2016
Spring Season March 19 – April 24, 2016