CP Events, Shipping Info, Other Details
CP Events Summary
Participation in each event is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis, based upon registration date
Static Product Showcase (Thurs. Eve): Trade show-style event. POMA provides a 6-foot table and two chairs. Bring whatever you want as far as table covering, stand-up banners or banners you can hang from the table (bring string too), products/press materials to hand out to media. This is the event where you talk to media about story ideas, what they're working on and how you can help them out, do some interviews, etc.
Interactive: POMA Camps (Fri. Afternoon) Review Images of Venue
This is a fully interactive event for non-shooting products. Activities, photography, filming, interviews. POMA will group companies/activities and provide CPs with maps/assignments. Each attendee should come up with a cool/fun/challenging activity/competition for the media to complete. The activity/event should support whatever products/messages you want to highlight during conference. From cooking or fire building, to treestand set up/safety, game calling, fishing from land/dock, PFD safety, aging whitetails via jawbones, scoring antlers, outdoor safety challenges, find the critter in the woods optics challenges, name the parts of a boot competition, habitat management quiz. Be creative and have
fun. When you do both, media members will remember you and your company, the activity, the message, shoot great photos and have fun. POMA provides tubs with water throughout the activities area.
Interactive: Shooting Day (Sat. Morning) Review Images of Venue
Shooting products. Static range for long guns and handguns, archery area, vehicle testing, skeet/trap/clays stations. If it has to do with shooting this is the event to utilize. POMA will group companies/activities and provide CPs with maps/assignments. Some non-shooting companies can/may wish to work with shooting companies and partner on shooting events. POMA provides stations, tables as needed, coffee and danish at 6:15 a.m. and lunch with all other attendees around 11 a.m. POMA provides tubs with water throughout the activities area.
Please donate products, trips, electronics, services, advertising packages. The conference auctions and raffles are POMA's main source of non-dues income and critical to the organization's financial strength and ability to meet its mission goals.
Donate products or services online: http://survey.constantcontact.com/survey/a07e6ss2ws9hau166l7/start
Ship all donations per instructions below.
Shipping Products, Banners, Other Materials
POMA is not responsible for shipments and does not have staff to track down missing shipments.
Ship to the hotel: Press kits, sponsor banners, products/items needed at Product Showcase and/or POMA Camps should be shipped to the hotel. There is no storage at POMA Camps. All product needed for POMA Camps must be shipped to the hotel and transported from the hotel to that location by each company rep.
Ship to the range: Any/all product that will be used for Shooting Day and are not needed for any other event. If you're donating a gun to the Fri. auction and also plan to shoot it at Shooting Day -- send the firearm to the hotel, then transport it to Shooting Day on Sat. morning. The range does have a safe for locking firearms/ammo.
General Shipping Instructions
- Products must arrive at either location between Feb. 27 and March 1. POMA will have all boxes received sorted by manufacturer and or event.
- All shipments must be made using a track shipment option. POMA can not track packages or be responsible for shipments.
- POMA will sort boxes and open if necessary to determine contents for proper sorting -- and will have boxes/product ready for CP's to pick up
- Return shipping from the hotel is available. Boxes must be delivered to the POMA office packed, taped and with return shipping, pre-paid label. A UPS and FedEx pickup will be made at the hotel on Monday after conference.
Labeling of Packages and Shipping Instructions: Every shipment must include this line: Attn: POMA (and event name, i.e. Auction, Product Showcase, POMA Camps)
Embassy Suites - Columbia Greystone
Attn: POMA (Specific Event Name)
200 Stoneridge Dr.
Columbia, SC 29210
Hotel Phone: 803-252-8700
Live Oaks Sportsman's Club
Attn: POMA Shooting Day
1201 Redmond Mill Rd.
Swansea, SC 29160
Range Phone: 803-568-8739
- Registration, billing - contact Shelly Moore, firstname.lastname@example.org, 814-254-4719
- Partnerships, speakers, sessions, Product Showcase - Laurie Lee Dovey, email@example.com, 814-525-6989
- POMA Camps, CP Board Member Steve McGrath - firstname.lastname@example.org, (800) 650 2433 ext. 142
- Shooting Day, CP Member, Mike Capps - email@example.com, (573) 898 3422
See you in Columbia, S.C.