Last Call for New Product Interviews at SHOT Show
The response from Corporate Partners for the POMA Media Center video news service has been terrific. Although the interview schedule is close to full, there are a few POMA Corporate Partner spots open. So, schedule your ATA and/or SHOT Show news interview with POMA Media Center (PMC) today.
PMC is a video news service reporting outdoor industry news, and only news, utilizing the OutdoorHub.com video platform. Interviews are available to 11.5 million unique website visitors and through streaming news widgets on individual websites. Here's how to schedule your company interview online:
Raising the bar again, The Professional Outdoor Media Association (POMA) launched a new content service to provide significant added value for its Corporate Partners, freelance opportunities for its Media Members and an as-it-happens news streaming widget for use by outdoor and mainstream media, bloggers and communications professionals.
The POMA Media Center (PMC)
POMA Media Center streams news, as it happens, from the outdoor industry's most important events, including the National Shooting Sports Foundation Shooting Hunting Outdoor Trade (SHOT) Show, National Rifle Association Annual Meeting, American Sportfishing Association ICAST Show, POMA Annual Business Conference, National Association of Sporting Goods Wholesalers Show and Archery Trade Association Show.
How PMC Works
The OutdoorHub.com platform powers PMC's network of video players and text news widgets. The Outdoor Hub content platform powers not only Web-based text content but also video content, mobile content and even email communications, which allows PMC to provide news content to more outdoor enthusiasts per month than any other industry provider.
- Companies book appointments for video interviews, which are conducted at their show booth or in the PMC at-show studio. Interview appointments may be booked 24/7 online (http://onn.lattiss.com)
- PMC sends an assignment video reporter to the booth, or the company representative meets the reporter in the studio
- These are not formal news interviews. They are more casual, man-on-the-street-style news updates – Internet, fun-style news streaming. Reporters use hand-held digital cameras and move quickly through the shows/events and pick up brief news tid-bits on products/services/issues. If you need a high-end production/interview completed at the shows, please rely on the many broadcast/video professionals who are POMA media members and who offer wide ranges of services.
- Reporters cover up to three news items (new products/technology, issues, service offerings, trade/business news) per 15 minute interview. Each segment runs from 30 – 90 seconds. PMC provides companies tips sheets on how to make the most of the opportunity
- News content is processed by PMC and streamed to the OutdoorHub.com video platform continuously during and after each event
- News also instantly posts to news widgets, which include a video player and list of most current news stories. Widgets are available at no cost to any media outlet/professional, blogger or website owner interested in streaming current outdoor news to website visitors. The widgets increase PMC's reach beyond the 11 million outdoor enthusiasts reached by OutdoorHub.com and its affiliate network
- Links to news are posted on a variety of social media platforms
- Companies may embed individual interview videos to their websites, by copying the embed html from the video platform
- POMA Corporate Partners have access to no-cost interviews, based on a first-come, first-served policy. PMC sets aside a minimum of 15, 15-minute slots per day for POMA Corporate Partners. Book an interview appointment for the ATA Show and/or SHOT Show online now. Deadline to book no-cost appointments for ATA and SHOT Show is Dec. 19, 2011
- When no-charge Corporate Partner slots fill, POMA Corporate Partner members may still book slots for a nominal fee of $25
- Non-member companies may book interview slots, on a first-come, first-served basis, for a fee of $75
- Fee covers videographer, equipment and video processing/upload fees
Widgets will be available for download. See examples of widgets at the bottom of the page. The purposes of the PMC news widgets are to:
- Allow content providers to offer current news content through their websites and blogs
- Generate more traffic by offering industry news
- Keep visitors on widget-users websites longer
- Allow website visitors to watch videos news directly from the embedded video player on the website. There’s no clicking away to another site to get the news
“The widget system is ingenious,” said veteran outdoor journalist and POMA founding board member John E. Phillips. “It allows me to stream news to my site visitors, gives them a reason to visit my site daily and helps me to cover the trade shows more effectively and in a timely manner. There is no way one journalist can fully cover the shows. PMC helps me augment my coverage and provide tremendous benefit to my website and blog visitors.”
Adding the widget to a website or blog takes just a few minutes. Copy the html code for the preferred widget style, there are several choices, and paste the html code into the Web page. The widget automatically updates the feed (video and text) as news is reported.
“To ensure the widget provides daily and ongoing value to users, before SHOT Show widgets that incorporate a news article feed will be added,” explained Laurie Lee Dovey, POMA executive director. “As a result, in between events and video postings, widget users will have current text-based news to offer site visitors. The text news feed covers all aspects of outdoor recreation news.”
The goal of the PMC program is to develop a platform that allows PMC to engage the services of members to conduct interviews, on a freelance basis, at events and throughout the year. Only POMA individual members in good standing may serve as PMC videographers. Members interested in being considered, as opportunities arise, must:
- Provide a video interview sample by uploading a 30- to 60-second interview/segment for review. To receive instructions on uploading, e-mail email@example.com
- Have video equipment that meets PMC's minimum standards
- Digital video camera or video DSLR - HD 1080
- External/Lavalier microphone system
- Three digital storage cards (minimum)
- Batteries for four hours of video without recharging
These are test widgets, not the final products. They are for information purposes only. Do not copy or post these to your website. Finalized widgets will be available soon.