5 Reasons to Turkey Hunt in Florida
With turkey season right around the corner, it's time for hunters to start thinking where their hunting adventures will take them. When considering locations for turkey hunting, don't forget to consider Florida. Hunting in Flordia can be extremely beneficial if you know the facts about it.
Spring is nearly here, and it’s time to plan your turkey season. Here are the top 5 reasons you should consider turkey hunting in Florida:
- The earliest spring turkey season in the country – You can hunt South Florida beginning March 5 and be back home well before your state’s season comes in.
- The only place in the World where you can bag an Osceola subspecies – You can’t complete your Grand Slam without hunting the Sunshine State.
- One of the nation’s largest wildlife management area systems – Nearly 6 million acres of public hunting land, half of which allows walk-in turkey hunting.
- Two-bird season bag limit.
- Florida’s weather is perfect in March – not too cold and not too hot!
Here are some handy links to help plan your hunt:
South of State Road 70:
Youth Hunt Weekend Feb. 27-28, 2016
Spring Season March 5 - April 10, 2016
North of State Road 70:
Youth Hunt Weekend March 12-13, 2016
Spring Season March 19 - April 24, 2016
Click the “2016 Florida Spring Turkey Guide” for regulations and to pick your area
Purchase your out-of-state Florida hunting license, turkey permit and management area permit