Media Advisory - 2014 Great American Outdoor Show
The Great American Outdoor Show is a nine day event celebrating hunting, fishing and outdoor traditions that are treasured by millions of Americans and their families. The show, held in Harrisburg, Pa., features nearly 1,000 exhibitors ranging from shooting manufacturers to outfitters, fishing boats and RV's, archery, art and more. The show covers 650,000 square feet of exhibit hall space! In additon, the jam-packed schedule includes concerts, fundraising dinners, speaking events, archery competitions, celebrity appearances, seminars, demonstrations and much more.
Members of the news media are welcome to cover the 2014 Great American Outdoor Show. For media inquiries, interview requests, and Great American Outdoor Show Press Credentials email NRAGOMedia@nrahq.org and include:
Your Name, Title, News Organization, Phone Number, Email Address, Website
The Great American Outdoor Show Press Office is located in room Exhibit B in the Maclay Lobby of the Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex.
Please email NRAGOMedia@nrahq.org if you would like to schedule an interview with NRA staff before/during/after the Great American Outdoor Show. The exhibit Hall will be open to media starting Friday 1/31 for b- roll and photos. If you would like an interview with NRA staff on 1/31 please email us to set up a time.
Great American Outdoor Show press releases are located at http://greatamericanoutdoorshow.org/media/press-releases.aspx.
Press may park in the PA Farm Show Complex’s Maclay Street lot. Presentation of press credentials allows access to parking in any exhibitor lot.
- Largest consumer outdoor show in the United States.
- 650,000 square feet of indoor floor space.
- New Shooting Sports hall joins the Archery, Boats, RVs, Fishing, Outdoor Products, and Hunting Outfitter halls.
- More than 1,000 exhibitors.
- 900,000 NRA members within 300 mile radius of Harrisburg.
- GAOS 2014 mobile app for iPhone and Android offers personalized show experience. Plan out your trip, see what’s going on in your area of the PA Farm Show Complex and more.
February 1, 2014 (Saturday)
9:00am - 7:00pm
February 2, 2014 (Sunday)
10:00am - 5:00pm
February 3 - February 7, 2014 (Mon-Fri)
10:00am - 7:00pm
February 8, 2014 (Saturday)
9:00am - 7:00pm
February 9, 2014 (Sunday)
10:00am - 5:00pm
Child (6-12): $6.00
Senior (65 or older): $10.00
2-Day Pass: $20.00
Group ticket: $10 (10 or more)
1/31: Taxidermy Contest: Put your skills to the test against the top taxidermists in North America.
2/1: NASP Archery Competition.
2/2: Family Day: Family-oriented activities offered throughout the show.
2/2 – 2/6: Archery Tag in the Large Arena.
2/7: NRA Foundation Banquet: A night of food, fun, exclusive firearms, and fundraising for the future of our shooting sports traditions.
2/8: NRA Country Presents: Headlining act Brantley Gilbert is joined by Cheryl LuQuire and Nate Hosie for a night of country music you’ll never forget.
2/1 – 2/9: Kid’s Casting Competition.
2/1 – 2/9: 3D Bowhunter Challenge: Test your accuracy with a bow among 14 classes of skill at the Indoor Archery Range.
2/1 – 2/9: Game Calling Contest: Who are North America’s best game callers? Compete in Duck, Elk, Canada Goose, Barred Owl, and Turkey calling.
2/1 – 2/9: 190 demonstrations and seminars on hunting, fishing, and self/home defense topics.
- The Great American Outdoor Show is presented by Outdoor Channel with associate sponsors Cabela’s and Ram Truck.
- NRA Foundation Banquet is sponsored by Diamondback Firearms and Taurus.
- 3D Bowhunter Challenge is sponsored by Rocky Boots and Rinehart Targets.