Effectively and Ethically Working a Tradeshow – Great Advice for Newbies and Veterans
Because most trade shows are private functions, media attendance is a privilege, not a right. Learn how to effectively and ethically work a trade show from industry and media veterans Bill Brassard, Kevin Howard, Jim Zumbo, J. Wayne Fears and Douglas Gilmer.
Show producers, like the National Shooting Sports Foundation, which puts on the SHOT Show, must answer to its customers, the exhibitors. When media misrepresents its status or engages in unethical behavior, it hurts the show producer, but also could result in a ban from the show for the media person. Effectively working shows takes great fortitude, focus and mental acuity.
Access the session recording below.
A few points covered in this POMA Conference session:
- What is ethical behavior
- How to make the best use of your time
- Pre-event planning
- Keeping your focus
- Your professional image
- Press conferences
- Not wasting time
- Follow up, and
- So much more
- Bill Brassard, Director of Communications, National Shooting Sports Foundation
- Kevin Howard, President Howard Communications
- Jim Zumbo, Outdoor Channel Television Show Host and Writer
- J. Wayne Fears, Freelance Writer, Book Author and Consultant
- Douglas Gilmer, Freelance Communicator
Click the image below to view the recording.