The Homer Circle Fishing Communicator Award
The POMA/American Sportfishing Association (ASA) Homer Circle Fishing Communicator Award recognizes fishing industry journalists who exemplify the spirit, dedication to fishing, extraordinary talent and commitment to mentoring the next generation of fishing industry communicators displayed by Homer Circle during his storied career.
- He was one of a kind
- He was a fishing industry communications icon
- He was a tireless promoter of the sport he loves
- He was skillful, honest and knowledgeable journalist
- He was kind, unpretentious and interested
- He was a mentor, teacher and inspiration to other communicators, and
- Until his passing in 2012, at 97, he shared the joys of fishing with generations of new anglers and communicators
He was Homer Circle, aka Uncle Homer.
Homer Circle Award Honorees
2008 – Andy Hahn
2010 – Robert Montgomery
2011 – Frank Sargeant
2012 – John E. Phillips
2013 – Louie Stout
Make a Nomination
To nominate a journalist, simply complete the online nomination form.
* The American Sportfishing Association (ASA) is the sportfishing industry's trade association, committed to looking out for the interests of the entire sportfishing community. We give the industry a unified voice speaking out when emerging laws and policies could significantly affect sportfishing business or sportfishing itself. We invest in long-term ventures to ensure the industry will remain strong and prosperous as well as safeguard and promote the enduring economic and conservation values of sportfishing in