How to Apply for POMA Membership
Professional Outdoor Media Association (POMA) Mission: To foster excellence in communications at all levels, help members build their businesses, connect media and industry, promote fair and honest communication of the traditional outdoor sports and conservation stories, and mentor the next generation of traditional outdoor sports communicators.
Applicants for membership in the Professional Outdoor Media Association select a classification of membership and must meet specific criteria to qualify for the membership selected.
Applicants may qualify as:
- Voting Media - Annual Dues $200
- Associate Media - Annual Dues $200
- Public Agency Media - Annual Dues $200
- Retired Media - Annual Dues $100
- Student - Annual Dues $50
- Corporate Partner - Annual Dues $500
- Corporate Partner Media Outlet Member (CPMOM) - Annual Dues $500
- Corporate Partner Media Outlet Member (CPMOM) Media Staff Member - Annual Dues $50
- Associate Industry Professional - Annual Dues $200
Dues are for the period of Jan. 1 - Dec. 31 each year. Dues are prorated quarterly.
All applications require approval by the Membership Screening Committee and Board of Directors.
1. Review Membership Classes - explanation of each class listed above
2. Review Media Criteria or Corporate Criteria - explanation of what is required to qualify
3. Apply for membership - complete the application
ATTENTION PUBLIC RELATIONS AGENCies
Every company joining as a CP must fill out an application. When applying for different companies, a unique username and e-mail address is required for each company, even if the same person is the PR rep for each company. If necessary, consider setting up e-mail accounts through Gmail or Yahoo before applying.
Example: John Smith is the rep for four companies. He uses different usernames, such as JSCompanyName, using his initials with each company name. Then he sets up e-mail accounts the same way JSCompanyName@gmail.com. He then sets the e-mails for each (free) account to forward all e-mails to his primary e-mail address.
Applicants agree to abide by and support POMA's Mission statement, irrevocable charter & bylaws
assistance with the application process
If you need assistance with the application process or have questions, contact POMA Membership Director Shelly Moore at email@example.com or call 814-254-4719.
As is the case with most all membership organizations, membership fees/dues are non refundable.